Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I wear during a massage? We encourage you to dress down to your comfort zone. It’s perfectly acceptable to leave on shorts or underwear; nudity is also acceptable. We only uncover the areas that we need access to when working on that particular muscle group. We follow draping procedures as outlined by the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation.
- How do I know which massage/pressure to choose? This will be based on your sensitivity and goals for the massage. For example, relaxation is typically light to medium pressure, while deep tissue can be firm pressure with isolated deep pressure. But always communicate with your therapist if at any time it is uncomfortable.
- Is it customary to tip? Massage is a service-based industry, and it can be customary to tip your therapist; however, it is never expected and always appreciated.
- Is it ok to get a massage if I have diabetes, a heart condition or any other chronic condition? Normally, it would be ok, but check with your physician first before getting any bodywork.
- Is massage therapy covered under my insurance or HSA? We can provide documentation of massage therapy to you to submit to your insurance provider or you can use your HSA card as payment. Please note, we do not bill insurance companies.
- Is it normal for a man to get an erection during a massage? Due to the increase blood flow to lower body extremities, a male may inadvertently experience an erection. However, our therapists are professional and do not take notice. If the therapist or client are uncomfortable at any time, the session will end immediately. We have strict policies on zero tolerance for sexual advances or any illegal activities in our establishment.
- When can I get a massage if I’m pregnant? For non-high-risk pregnancies, the second trimester (13 weeks on) is deemed acceptable for pre-natal massages; however, it is important that you consult with your obstetrician prior to your massage.
- What to do to get the most out of my massage? If you experience tenderness after a deep tissue, we recommend icing for 7 to 10 minutes. Drink plenty of water as your body may experience detoxification as the result of fluid movement within the tissues.
- Can kids get massages? Yes, usually at a shorter time frame depending on age. Parents will need to be present during the massage under the age of 14.
- What are the COVID policies? We follow the local health and CDC recommedations regarding masks. We follow strict cleaning procedures between each client for your safety and for ours. If cases rise in McLennan County, we will take the necessary precautions (taking temps, COVID questionaires, etc) at that time.
- What is the cancellation policy?If you must cancel, please do so 48 hours from you appointed time so that we may fill that appointment. We will charge 50% of the appointed service for those cancelling within the 48 hour window, even in the case of illness. No call, no shows will be charged the full amount. (If you are using a gift card, we will deduct it from that balance.) We know circumstances arise but will not be able to operate our business or pay our therapists without these policies. Thank you for your understanding!
- What if the therapist is sick or has a family emergency? In the event that the therapist is unable to make the appointment due to illness or an emergency, he/she will notify you and offer to reschedule the appointment or issue a refund.
- What is your policy on using expired gift cards? If you would like to use an expired gift card, please call in advance with the gift card number. If prices vary from gift card issue date, the client is responsible for the difference.
(254) 224-6115 | Midway Plaza 8670 La Village Ave. Ste 102B Waco, TX 76712 | ME #5236
By appointment only: TUES – FRI: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. | SAT: 10 a. m. – 2 p.m. | SUN and MON: Closed
Please give 24-hour notice of a cancellation prior to the appointment time, either through e-mail or voice mail.
No calls/no shows will be charged for the full service | Please note we follow Midway ISD’s inclement weather schedules